questions on nonsleepable lock

Ronnel P. Maglasang rmaglasang at infoweapons.com
Wed Aug 15 19:05:59 PDT 2007

this is getting to be a serious problem in freebsd. i'm also encountering
the same panic problem. my box runs on freebsd 6.1 with ipfw, pf,
forwarding/routing enabled and several network-based applications. the panic
occurs when the system is subjected to a very high traffic load and some
applications are busy doing disk IO, system and socket calls.

i think this was already asked in this thread. i just want to clarify if
this problem is caused by user-applications (non-kernel). or possibly
a system/ioctl call from user-application. i don't see mtx_*, giant or mutex
use in any of my user-applications, so probably this is something underneath
the kernel.

also, is their a list or documentation of which freebsd application,
program or
component has this problem?

thanks