Mono XSP & mod_mono support on FreeBSD

Dominic Marks dom at helenmarks.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 14:14:26 UTC 2007

Hackers,

Currently XSP (Mono's ASP.NET implementation) does not run on FreeBSD.

There is a brief post here about the reasons why from David Xu:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-threads/2005-March/002944.html

Since that message is over 2 years old I hoped that it might no longer
be the case, but when I attempted to run the application it does not
work. This is the case if you use libc_r, libthr or libpthread. I was
using 6.2-STABLE, if it matters.

I am interested if anyone knows if this is likely to ever work.  I am
more than happy to test patches for anyone who wanted to have a go at
it. It seems that there was a previous effort to get it ported but that
seems to have run to this issue and stopped.

I must be in a very small minority who actually wants capability?

Thanks,
Dominic