Floppy detection probems with 6.2

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Apr 19 02:29:30 UTC 2007

In message: <200704191148.45989.doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> writes:
: On Wednesday 18 April 2007 00:43, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > : I am trying to find out more information about what memory is being used,
: > : etc.. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can do this?
: >
: > Maybe we've come to the point in time that we need to do PIO for
: > floppies when we can't allocate enough memory for their DMA at boot.
:
: That'd be a nice fall back but it surely it can't be too hard to reserve some
: memory for stuff like this?

I think that there is a way...  We only need ~20k for this...

Warner