Floppy detection probems with 6.2

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Apr 17 15:14:25 UTC 2007

In message: <200704171635.13818.doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> writes:
: I am installing FreeBSD 6.2/amd64 on a Supermicro P8SCT however the install
: kernel refuses to attach the floppy (it returns ENOMEM). If I boot the same
: kernel without the mfsroot image it sees it fine so.
:
: I am trying to find out more information about what memory is being used,
: etc.. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can do this?

Maybe we've come to the point in time that we need to do PIO for
floppies when we can't allocate enough memory for their DMA at boot.

Warner