Have people started working on any Google Summer of code 2007 project?

Fri Apr 13 11:53:56 UTC 2007

Quoting ajay gopalakrishnan <geek.dwells at gmail.com> (from Tue, 27 Mar
2007 20:55:09 +0530):

> Hi,
>
> Is FreeBSD restricting  non-students from not  taking up any project that is
> 'suitable for summer of code'?
> For eg.
> I was planning to take up the 'super tunnel daemon' project some time back.
> I had done some initial work but now i find that it has also been marked as
> 'Suitable for summer of code'. I am no longer a student. I am working
> currently at a firm. So i dont think that i will be eligible for the summer
> of code. Can i still take up the project or am i forced to take up those
> that are not marked as 'suitable for summer of code'?
> Also, if someone has taken a summer of code project can no-one else take it
> up as a normal project to contribute to FreeBSD ?

As promised a followup now that the SoC projects are known.

The Super Tunnel Daemon project is taken by a SoC student. I suggest
you talk with mlaier@ (project mentor) if there's a way to collaborate.

Bye,
Alexander.