Resources and ACPI

Alan Garfield alan at fromorbit.com
Wed Apr 11 16:22:34 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 10:37 -0500, Craig Boston wrote:
> Ok, well just for the record it's been a while since I've worked with
> busdma so my knowledge is more of a high level overview.  Hopefully if
> I get anything wrong someone will step in and correct me. :)

You da man!

----
jnet0: <JNet Ethernet Interface> port 0xa8,0xae-0xaf irq 19 on acpi0
jnet0: alloc io port: 00a8 size: 1
jnet0: alloc io port: 00ae size: 2
jnet0: Ethernet address: 00:09:3d:00:00:03
----

Now for the irq!

Looking at this all now it's kind of obvious how it works but until you
gave me the break I was neck deep in confusion. The whole rid thing and
not knowing about rman_get_start() and rman_get_size() so I could see
what ports I was getting allocated was giving me grief. I was poking
around in the dark with a blunt stick!

Many thanks!

Alan.