Resources and ACPI

takawata at jp.freebsd.org takawata at jp.freebsd.org
Wed Apr 11 11:48:36 UTC 2007

In message <461CC586.5060507 at fromorbit.com>, Alan Garfield さんいわく:
>takawata at jp.freebsd.org wrote:
>>> If the resources are allocated how do I access/see them?
>>
>>     sc->sc_rid1 = 0;
>>     sc->sc_res1 = bus_alloc_resource_any(self, SYS_RES_IOPORT, &sc->sc_rid,
>RF_ACTIVE);
>>     sc->sc_rid2 = 0;

Oops!
       sc->sc_rid2 = 1;

>>     sc->sc_res2 = bus_alloc_resource_any(self, SYS_RES_IOPORT, &sc->sc_rid,
>RF_ACTIVE);
>>     value_af =   bus_space_read_8(rman_get_bustag(sc->sc_res2), rman_get_bus
>handle(sc->sc_res2), 1);
>
>Thanks for this, but how does on tell which resources have been
>allocated to which other than manually specifying them with
>bus_alloc_resource()?

Resource manager will do it. Device driver for a PnP aware bus will set
resource location for each device under the bus. At that time, the resource
is not allocated and activated. Then a device driver for a child device
will allocate bus resource. rid parameter tells the order of resource you
want to get.