Problem with test(1)

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 5 07:50:40 UTC 2007

I noticed something weird with test(1) when I ran across a problem port
Makefile.  Our test(1) doesn't properly check to make sure there is an
operand argument to unary operators like -f.  For example:

test -f

Will print "TRUE" on FreeBSD.  On Solaris, it will die:

/usr/bin/test[8]: test: argument expected

I think this patch is correct in that it does fix the problem, and the
TEST.sh and TEST.csh regression scripts report the same results pre and
post-patch.  Comments?

http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/text.c.diff

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org