Deny system call using ptrace

Thijs Eilander eilander at myguard.nl
Sun Apr 1 23:31:17 UTC 2007

>I'm trying to create sort of user-space access control system based on
allowing/denying syscalls. I was able (after a few problems) to start
ptracing >program, stop at every enter/exit from system call, inspect
arguments etc. What I'm however trying to do, is denying access to syscalls.
In linux I was

If you are interested in doing some development to make it work, I am
porting systrace to FreeBSD but due to time restrictions development is
slow. More information about systrace can be found on
http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/provos/systrace/ and www.systrace.org

I almost finished the kernelpart, it is usable but still needs some fixes
and cleaning up, but the userland code needs adding a lot of syscall
translations.

Regards,
Thijs Eilander