ppp cmmand port listens on ipv6 only if kernel has

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Sun Sep 17 15:19:06 PDT 2006

> With a 6.1 Release custom kernel compiled with
>         options         INET6
> & /etc/ppp/ppp.conf with
>         set server +12345 mypasswd
> sockstat -l     showed only:
> sockstat -l     showed only:
>  USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
>  root     ppp        1020  9  tcp6   *:12345               *:*
> (& no 2nd line for ipv4), & so from my internal host, this failed:
>	pppctl -p mypasswd dsl:12345

Moved to:
  To: net at freebsd.org
  Subject: ppp command port does not listens on ipv4 unless no INET6 in kernel
  Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 20:10:47 +0900
  From: Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume at freebsd.org>

Works fine, thanks :-)  Nice if a 2nd tester confirm it,
making it easier to commit I guess, (you dont need a DSL modem to test,
after normal testing I unplugged modem & rebooted to check that)
  http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=50020+0+current/freebsd-net
  http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200609172135.k8HLZvN5094226
If you try patch & confirm it, please cc Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume at freebsd.org>
Thanks
--
Julian Stacey.  BSD Unix C Net Consultancy, Munich/Muenchen  http://berklix.com
Mail Ascii, not HTML.		Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.