PRO/wireless scanning

Johnny Choque jchoque at tlmat.unican.es
Wed Sep 6 04:32:50 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm testing the scanning features of Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG build-in
Toshiba Tecra M3 using FreeBSD 6.1 and iwi-firmware-2.4_7 (I think that it
is the last version, isn't it?). I have noticed a unstable behavior of the
wireless interface when I try to scan the access point around it (ifconfig
iwi0 scan). Sometimes it provide the report of the detected access points
but sometimes it keep waiting a long time without provide any report. Do you
have the same behavior with iwi driver and iwi-firmware?, do you know how I
can find a solution for that?

I have also noticed that the web pages for Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG for
FreeBSD (http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/iwi-freebsd.html) have a
watermark that say "discontinued", does mean that there are another web or
project that will continue to improve the iwi driver and iwi-firmware? Do
you know any information about that?

Cheers,

Johnny