moused vs. init / single user mode from $firewall_script

Nicolas Rachinsky fbsd-hackers-0 at ml.turing-complete.org
Sun Oct 22 10:21:46 PDT 2006

Hallo,

I wanted to change my $firewall_script to be able to stop the boot and
go to single user mode. So I added "kill -TERM $$" (like in some other
rc.d scripts).

But the system failed to go to singel user mode, I got only "can't get
/dev/console for controlling terminal: Permission denied".

If I kill moused (started by devd) before the "kill -TERM $$" in my
$firewall_script the system goes to single user mode as expected.

Is this my fault? Adding "killall moused" to be able to go to single
user mode seems strange.

Thank you,
Nicolas

--