src.conf(5) seems to affect ports build

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Fri Oct 20 08:08:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

src.conf(5) manual page states:

% The src.conf file contains settings that will apply to every build
% involving the FreeBSD source tree; see build(7).
% ...
% The only purpose of src.conf is to control the compilation of the FreeBSD
% sources, which are usually found in /usr/src.

However, share/mk/bsd.port.mk includes <bsd.own.mk> which in turn includes
/etc/src.conf.  Therefore if I have some WITH_/WITHOUT_ knob in it
which affects CFLAGS, they will be taken into account even for port builds.

Is it the expected behaviour ?  Maybe WITH(OUT)_ should simply avoid
modifying CFLAGS (though I think this might become useful in the near
future).

Thank you.
Best regards,
--