Keyboard system and Giant

Nicolas Souchu nsouch at free.fr
Wed Oct 11 10:18:49 PDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 08:53:33PM +0200, pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello;
>
> FWIW, anyone planning to work in the keyboard or mouse systems is warned to
> look at the KII portions of KGI4BSD first. The main reference is the P4
> repository but there is some documentation here:
>      http://wikitest.freebsd.org/KGI

Well, the wiki pages have been written long ago. Everything "recent" is now on
www.kgi-project.org

> Nicholas has been able to run FreeBSD's console multihead using KGI. We are

Proof of concept is only available on i386 architecture.

> currently out of developer time, but the idea will be to merge KII somewhen in
> the future so we can focus on further developments and improvements on the
> graphic part while we start enjoying some of the benefits of the better
> abstraction.

Anyone interested in KGI/KII can ask for further details on the concepts.
Look at http://kgi.sourceforge.net/download.html for even more details (code).

Have fun.
Nicholas