Ramdisk support

Aditya Godbole aag.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 08:38:43 UTC 2006

On 11/15/06, Oliver Fromme <olli at lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:

> You can also put the image of the root file system into the
> kernel itself, so it doesn't have to be loaded separately.
> The kernel option to allocate appropriate space is called
> MD_ROOT_SIZE.

Thanks. I'm investigating this option. How do I specify the filesystem
image that should be put into the kernel?

> Then where are you booting from?  At least your kernel has
> to come from somewhere, i.e. you need either networking or
> some kind of media (disk, USB stick or similar).

Currently I'm using u-boot to get the kernel image from the network
and boot it. Since I'm using u-boot, I proabably need to do something
in my kernel bootstrap code that the loader would do otherwise.

--
aditya