New wpi driver

Attilio Rao attilio at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 10 19:50:05 UTC 2006

2006/11/10, Attilio Rao <attilio at freebsd.org>:

> > > I agree.  On top of that, a more detailed error report would be preferable.
> > > From what you put above, it seems that you are out of sufficient continous
> > > memory at the point where you enable the hardware.  Try enabling it before
> > > bringing up X11 etc.
> >
> > Even if I'm not totally aware about what problem are gabor@ is having
> > at the moment, some time ago I started looking at the code and one
> > difference between ipi and wpi is in rings they use (and their
> > allocation) and again in the usage of a shared DMA memory page between
> > the host and the NIC.
>
> s/ipi/iwi.

Ok I gave a quick look at the code and gabor@ problem is about
memory-mapped I/O resource allocation.

First of all, WPI_PCI_BAR0 might not be defined in this way, but it
should really use PCIR_BAR() macro.
Then, probabilly, gabor's device I/O space is relative to another BAR,
so simply try all 6 using PCIR_BAR(n) where n range is 0-6 until it
does allocate.

Attilio

PS: I would like that the code will better follow stlye(9) too...