packages problem

Wilko Bulte wb at freebie.xs4all.nl
Mon May 8 20:57:16 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:41:39PM +0200, Aleksander Rozman - Andy wrote..

> Hi !
>
> I have just installed 6.1-RC1 on my second computer, and I noticed that I
> can't get any packages. I have installed the saqme version on one other
> computer about week prior, and I had no problem...
>
> So back to problem. when I select packages install and FTP server (I
> usually use local, but today I also tried primaries and none of them has
> 6.1-RC1 on it. Then I tried options -> any (instead of 6.1-RC1) and none of
> servers had any (they tried to load INDEX but it failed. Is there some
> problem there? If there is problem on primary server, then it copied to all
> the mirrpors since none of them work...
>
> Please help me, maybae I am just doing something wrong...

RCs don't have packages normally.  Given that 6.1-RELEASE has been built
in the meantime and is due out anytime soon now I suggest you wait for that.
Should be a matter of hours, maybe a day..

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko at FreeBSD.org