Fingerprint Authentication

Fredrik Lindberg fli+freebsd-hackers at shapeshifter.se
Fri May 5 19:13:19 UTC 2006

Alin-Adrian Anton wrote:

> In that case, it means the "matching" is a proabilistic
> distance-computing algorithm. This sux, for any sort of real remote logins.

Yes. That's probably an accurate description.

I'm by no means an expert in the biometric field, far from it.
But in my most humble option, I think it would be *very* difficult
to obtain an identical sample every time.
When it comes to fingerprints the environment probably plays a big role
in the sample, for example light conditions, skin moisture, dust on the
sensor etc.

Maybe there are other people on this list with better insight in this
field?

Fredrik Lindberg