Boot manager beep (revisited)

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Tue May 2 22:48:07 UTC 2006

John Baldwin wrote:

>On Tuesday 02 May 2006 07:36 am, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
>

>>Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>>>Much better, since this is the behavior we initially had, as you
>>>explained.
>>>
>>>Thanks :)
>>>

>>Seconded!  Thanks,
>>

>Does it work? :-)

I downloaded the latest boot0.s from cvs, applied you patch and put it
on all three disks in this box.

On my tests it worked beautifully.  Beeped when I selected a
non-existent partition and didn't beep when I selected a legitimate one,
or just let it time out to the default.  (I tried both FreeBSD and
WinXP/NTFS partitions for booting and auto-boot).   I can't confirm what
boot0sio does as I don't have anything set up with a serial console.

You'll probably want some more confirmations, but I'd say this was the
bees knees.

--Alex