copy paste in freebsd

joerg at britannica.bec.de joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Mar 24 11:43:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 01:52:20AM -0800, Divya B wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  Here is the problem i am facing with freebsd.
>
>  1. copy some text from a file or any window
>  2. close the file or window
>  3. try pasting it in another place.
>
>  Paste is not happening. Is freebsd lagging in this? Or  have I missed something?

X11 by design uses lazy C&P, e.g. the first application says "I have something
for the clipboard" and second application requests it, when needed. This
means no copying happens at all, when nothing is requested. It obviously
fails, when the first application dies in the mean time.

This is a design choice.

Joerg