Intel 6300ESB SATA and TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Thu Mar 23 19:57:12 UTC 2006

    Hi,

    I'm about to invest in some Tyan Transport GT20 B5350G20S2H-LC.

    But since my epic battle trying to make the Promise Fasttrak 2300TX
(PDC20580?) works right in Raid1, 2 weeks ago I'm a bit concern about
those new SATA controllers.

    Myself I have  a PDC20378 in (heavy) production with 5.4-CURRENT and
its flawless, I also have a 3ware also in heavy production (way cool but
pricy).

    But I'm wondering if the 6300ESB controller was still stable in
6-CURRENT?

-----
    And for Roger,

 > Oh well, replacing the SATA cable fixed it, I'm terribly sorry about
that :(

    Meaning?  I know of only 1 cable format.  Thanks.
-----

    Anybody need a Promise Fasttrak 2300TX to develop/test/fix?

    I know that the 6-CURRENT driver wasn't recognizing the Raid config
with the 2.5.x firmware, but was ok with the original firmware (2.0.x)

    Let me know.

Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
P.O. Box 175       Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 5T7
tel 514-990-5911   http://www.pubnix.net    fax 514-990-9443