CVSup upgrading?

Darren Pilgrim darren.pilgrim at bitfreak.org
Wed Mar 15 04:06:26 UTC 2006

Carlos Silva, yourdot-internet.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> but, it erases all! I have a doubt if he downloads the beta kernel sources.
> do you have another solution?

HEAD is not the correct tag.  Before I go further, to avoid any
confusion, there is no "beta" source code nor are the kernel sources
maintained seperately.

That said...

If you want the branch of development from which the most recent
(version-wise) releases are being made, use "tag=RELENG_6".

If you want the source tree corresponding to the point of all new
development, including experimental, rapidly-changing and otherwise
unstable, brand-new code not yet put through broad-base testing, use
"tag=.".