Advice on the lightweight resolver, lwres.

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 9 17:59:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

>>>>> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:23:24 -0800
>>>>> othermark <atkin901 at yahoo.com> said:

atkin901> I was working on converting the STAF (staf.sourceforge.net) project to an
atkin901> freebsd port, and on my first attempt, I attempted to use the lightweight
atkin901> resolver library because of the thread safe functions _r() that were
atkin901> available.

FYI: Though we don't expose _r() functions, our netdb functions
without _r are thread-safe.  So, you don't need _r() functions to be
thread-safe.
Further, getaddrinfo(3) in lwres still has query order problem which
was solved in our getaddrinfo(3).

BTW, I'm now working on upgrading the base of our resolver to BIND8's.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/