userland access to mountpoint's struct mount

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Wed Mar 8 18:23:16 UTC 2006

Sorry if this is a very basic question, but I'm trying to extend the
struct mount (sys/sys/mount.h) to contain a lot of statistics, and then
use a userland tool to read those statistics on a per mounted file
system basis.  I can't seem to figure out exactly how to do this, and
even if this really is what I want.  Life might be easier if I wedge it
into the struct statfs per file system - but is that ok to do?

Thanks in advance, pointers to docs/hints/examples are welcome,
Eric