contiguous memory allocation problem

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Jun 30 18:29:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I sometimes see that the USB driver is unable to allocate contiguous memory
for itself. For example I noticed that FreeBSD was unable to allocate
350kbytes of contiguous memory after that I had run "konqueror", the KDE web
browser and various other memory consuming applications for a while.

I am thinking about pre-allocating some memory for USB, but isn't that the job
of bus-dma, which the USB system uses for memory allocation?

The machine in question is running FreeBSD 7-current from April.

Any comments?

Thanks,
--HPS