FLEX, was Re: Return value of malloc(0)

Randall Hyde randyhyde at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 29 22:09:24 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----

>How about feeding the C source through the preprocessor, stripping out
>the #line directives, compiling it and posting the exact gcc error and
>source context.

Okay, I'll try that when I get home. But I was kind of under the impression that *GCC* runs the preprocessor on the input, during compilation :-).

>It may be a gcc bug, it may be a HLA bug or it could be an interaction
>between the FreeBSD headers and HLA.

None of the code listed has *anything* to do with the HLA.FLX source (and certainly nothing to do with the rest of the HLA source code). It is quite possible that some FreeBSD headers conflict with this section of the FLEX output (remember, this is *canned* output code from FLEX, this is not generated in response to any FLEX input code).  That's why my original question was so generic and not specific -- this would appear to be a generic problem with using FLEX output under BSD and I thought a quick question would affirm/deny that thought.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde