Porting libumem (was Re: Is anyone working on a port of ZFS to FreeBSD)

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 08:09:25 PDT 2006

--- Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> ha scritto:

> On 2006-06-01 03:41, pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com wrote:
> > FWIW, I'd also like to see libumem ported.
>
> <aol>Me too.</aol>
>
> I have been toying with the idea of consulting Jason Evans about
> this for a while now.  If something like this starts, are you
> willing to help with the port?

Such a project was started (for linux at least)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/umem

I don't have time right now, but yes I'd like to help. I'd surely like to see
libumem in the ports tree.

IMHO, and purely as constructive criticism, Jason's article would've been much
more interesting if he had tested ptmalloc (in the ports tree) and we had had
libumem.

Pedro.