ANA-6922 can't detect media

Liudas B. liudasb at centras.lt
Thu Jun 1 00:19:44 PDT 2006

Hi,

I’m trying to use ANA-6922 multi-port board on FreeBSD 6.1-BETA1.
Works only first port when using dc driver. This is because board
has only one ROM and second port must use shared ROM (kern/79262). I
wrote patch for this.

But there is another problem (with or without patch). Both ports
connected to the 100mbps switch, but driver seems can’t detect media
type (or any media). ifconfig shows no media (no carrier). I try to
set media auto, media 100baseTX. No luck. Switch shows, that port is
connected (green LED on).

Here is another interesting thing. After “ifconfig dc1 up” command
dc1 keeps up and down (dmesg shows dc1 DOWN, dc1 UP, dc1 DOWN,
etc.). On switch LED keeps turning on and off.

Any ideas?

P.S. first board’s port works fine on FreeBSD 4.11