New Welcome message for FreeBSD

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at mail.ru
Fri Jul 28 17:01:41 UTC 2006

* Giorgos Keramidas (keramida at ceid.upatras.gr) wrote:
> >> New motd-welcome message for FreeBSD.
> >>
> >> http://www.cwt.uz/motd
> >>
> >> best regards
> > I like it! Very good.
> I don't.  It is pretty "content free" when compared with our current
> default motd.
I agree, FreeBSD is serious OS, and it's not good idea to add ASCII
beastie and other fancy stuff anywhere (not into loader menu, nor
into motd).

But, if by any chance thing like this happens, I think it's best to
make it eye candy as much as possible. For example, `FreeBSD' would
look better in anti-aliased way, like this (just an ugly example):

.sssso                      .ss.    .ss.  .sss.
$,     .ss.   .ss.   .ss.  $   .P  ?.     $    `o
$$so  d'  `' d'  `b d'  `b $ssss.   `*o.  $     @
$'    $      @ssssD @ssssD $    `b     `b $    .P
$     $       *ss*   *ss*  $ssss*   ^ss'  ?ss*`

--
Best regards,
 Dmitry                          mailto:amdmi3 at mail.ru