FreeBSD 6.0/6.1: open ("/dev/lpt0" ...) hangs up

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sat Jul 22 07:01:55 UTC 2006

On Saturday 22 July 2006 08:01, Greg Black wrote:
> On 2006-07-21, george+freebsd at m5p.com wrote:
> > This problem is also present in 6.0.  Why haven't a whole bunch of
> > people already run into it?  Am I the only person still using a
> > parallel port printer and (at first) a generic kernel?
>
> I use parallel printers under 6.0 and 6.1 on i386 and amd64
> generic kernels and have never had a problem.  So your issue
> must be a little more specific than you've so far identified.

You could try installing my USB driver at:

http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/usb4bsd

And see if there is any change.

PS: If you want the latest sources, then:

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b

cd i4b/trunk/i4b/FreeBSD.usb

make S=../src package
make install

Follow the "make help" instructions.