Programs not accepting input?

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Fri Jul 21 14:08:12 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 July 2006 23:02, Robert Watson wrote:
> I've occasionally also had weird focus problems with KDE.  Among other
> things, it looks like occasionally the mouse release event is lost
> somewhere in the system (or something along these lines) -- I don't know if
> it's a driver problem, a moused problem, an X11 probem, or a KDE problem.
> If I press and release each of the buttons, especially the third button,
> things will often recover.  As long as the button is "held down", KDE
> doesn't switch the focus and other events are largely ignored.  Odd, eh?

One thing that IS a KDE problem is having it manage 2 distinct desktops
(ie :0.0 [laptop LCD] and :0.1 [TV out]) - it occasionally decides to give
the other display focus after a dialog has been closed..

Makes using kmail annoying because the only way to bring back focus is to use
the mouse :(

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum