[Fwd: Interrupts question]

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Jul 19 11:34:04 UTC 2006

Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
 > John Baldwin wrote:
 > > There's no easy answer on this.  You'll have to run your own benchmarks.  If
 > > you don't need USB, then you may just want to leave it out of your kernel
 > > which might help some.
 >
 > OK, thanks for the info and suggestions.  Regrettably, leaving out USB
 > isn't an option for us.

>From your dmesg excerpt it seems that you have at least
three USB controllers in that machine.  Depending on your
requirements, it might make sense to disable all of them
_except_ one, and then connect your USB devices to that
one controller (using additional USB hubs if necessary).
Of course, the controller that you keep enabled should be
the one that's causing the least problems (which seems to
be uhci1 "USB-B" in your case, if I read your first email
correctly).

Best regards
   Oliver

 > Can the denizens of this group enlighten me about what the
 > advantages of Python are, versus Perl ?
"python" is more likely to pass unharmed through your spelling
checker than "perl".
        -- An unknown poster and Fredrik Lundh