6.1 kernel panic

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 02:25:10 UTC 2006

Steven Hartland wrote:
> Removing the following fixes the compile hang yet results
> in the array going offline with WRITE_DMA errors.
> options INVARIANTS
> options INVARIANT_SUPPORT
> options WITNESS
> options WITNESS_SKIPSPIN
>
> I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion there is something quite
> broken with driver support for 0+1 on this chipset ( Promise PDC20267
> ).

Well that crash totally destoryed the array. / is missing
loads of files including /etc and most of /lib so
its a full reinstall time. I'd like to get 6.1 working
but I may have to go back to something else like 5.4
if in fact that actually works, it may be that the machine
has just not been under this type of load before.

Soren or anyone anyone else got any ideas?

N.B. I've a second machine which also died doing
the same rsync so I'm fairly sure its just specific
to the array setup + controller and not faulty hardware
in anyway.

    Steve