FreeBSD 6.0 default pty/tty-limit (256) OFF!

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Jan 17 07:49:00 PST 2006

Antti Korpela <antti.korpela at devnet.fi> writes:
> I need patch to raise FreeBSD 6.0 default pty/tty-limit (256) UP or OFF.

I already gave you a patch.  Your unwillingness to provide the
information necessary to figure out why my patch doesn't work for you
is entirely *your* problem.

> In shell-production usage, that limit is ridiculous, there must be
> stop to this and put PTY-limits off!

Remember that this ridiculous software was provided to you by us
entirely free of charge.  Show us a minimum of respect, and try to
work *with* us to resolve issues instead of demanding solutions on a
silver platter.

> I changed my servers operating systems moment ago from Linux to
> FreeBSD thinking that FreeBSD could be more better, but how this can
> be possible, that so important think like PTYs are limited to so
> low?? every UNIX has more ptys.

We are not responsible for your failure to adequately test your
systems before putting them in production, nor for your misconceptions
about the nature of Unix[tm].

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no