speed up port compiling using RAM (tmpfs) ???

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 01:46:09 PST 2006

日曜日 15 1月 2006 16:45、Ashok Shrestha さんは書きました:
> Hi,
>
> I am curious to know if there is a way to compile a port such as X11
> or KDE faster.
>
> I know in Gentoo, you can mount a part of RAM and compile in that.
> This substantially  decreases the compile time. Reference:
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Speeding_up_portage_with_tmpfs
>
> Does anyone know how to do this in Freebsd?

Sure.  Read the ports(7) man page paying special attention to the WRKDIRPREFIX
variable.  Then man mount_mfs and mdconfig.  Those should do the trick.

Eric

--
The signature is a location used to give a personalised feel to each E-mail
without having to personalise each E-mail.