increasing dd disk to disk transfer rate

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Sat Jan 14 05:55:07 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 02:29:15PM +0100, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 02:23:37PM -0700, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
>
> Then I tried to read back
>
> dd if=/dev/ad2 of=/dev/zero bs=2m
>
> Yes, just for the fun I said 2m blocksiye. And now we come back
> to FreeBSD contents:
>
> The system froze at this command (FreeBSD 5.2.1 on that machine)

I believe I posted a followup on this message but probably forgot
to do a group reply:

It turned out that I first thought it crashed only when I type ^T
while the dd was running. But this was accidently happening. Also
with bs=1m the system freezes (reproducably). Well, this is some
intermediate 5.2.1 so I will give it a try some time again when I have
a 6.x running.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_kukulies.org