Call for FreeBSD Status Reports

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Fri Jan 13 11:18:54 PST 2006

All,

no big news since 6.0, but in the background there are many interesting
projects:  Just now the new malloc has hit current, we hear promising numbers
from the network performance crew, the first batch of security advisories is
out and I'm sure some of you spent the holidays doing exiting stuff for
FreeBSD as well.  Please tell us!

This is the call for Status Reports of your project activity between October
and now.  This is not limited to developers.  We want a broad spectrum of
reports from everybody involved with FreeBSD.  Check the Status Report
homepage[1] for earlier reports.

Submission deadline is a week from now, January 20th!  I don't want to delay
the publication much this time, so please write your report now!  Please use
the XML-generator[2] or -template[3] and send your report to
monthly at freebsd.org by next Friday.  Thanks a lot!

As you write your report, did you consider to give a talk about your project
at BSDCan?  http://www.bsdcan.org/2006/papers.php

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/monthly.cgi
[3] http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-sample.xml