Ricoh PCI to SD device?

Darren Pilgrim darren.pilgrim at bitfreak.org
Thu Jan 12 17:38:57 PST 2006

From: Clifton Royston

>   If that NDA says some fairly typical things, and if the FreeBSD
> organization (or any individual developer) poneys up the money for the
> standard and signs the associated NDA, then either that developer or
> the FreeBSD group as a whole might then be permanently barred from
> writing open source code to implement the protocol, as a working
> implementation could disclose protocol information covered as a secret
> by the NDA.
>
>   I'm sure that's *not* what you want to see.

In a roundabout way, that's exactly what I'm saying.  The SDA, by their
actions, doesn't give a rats posterior about freedom.  They're falsely
convinced technology standards are a revenue vector and are surviving solely
upon Apple, Microsoft, Dell, HP, Sony, Samsung and all the other huge
companies having the capital to just pony up their extortionist fees rather
than making a moral stand.

The only reason I have any SD hardware at all is because it was a
non-removable option in the notebook I bought.