Using pkg_add fetch only

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Sat Jan 7 05:38:51 PST 2006

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 01:13:12AM +0100, Dirk Engling wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Ceri Davies wrote:
>
> >I don't see your point.  I thought you just wanted to download the
> >packages and dependencies.
>
> Yes. pkg_add on the other hand leaves me with loads of _installed_
> packages but without the package tars from the server.

Two stage process.  In chroot(), pkg_add -r portupgrade, then pkg_fetch
-R the stuff you want.  Once you're done you can just blow away the
chroot environment and all the installed stuff.

Sure, it'll install a bunch of other crap like ruby, but it's a lot
easier than hacking up your own tool.

Ceri
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)