loop in kgdb unread message buffer?

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Fri Jan 6 06:08:23 PST 2006

Hi,

I just had a crash, luckily I could dump a core with 'call doadump'.
However something with the serial console was wrong so my screen was
spammed with

%%%
 (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)  (CTRL-C to abort)
%%%

etc.

Now I did not worry about this because I thought I could use kgdb on
the dump after the reboot. However it seems that kgdb is running into
some infinite loop printing these messages; I have ran it for about 20
minutes where it kept repeating this message, with some block nrs.
intertwined.  I think it repeats though because I have seen block nr
'96' (lucky ^S timing) and it still doesn't stop.

Is there a way to *not* print the 'Unread portion of the kernel
message buffer' (as it is apparently called) on startup?

--Stijn

--
Coffee is the path to the bouncy side.
Coffee leads to activity.