A handy utility (at least for me)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Aug 28 06:01:25 UTC 2006

In message: <20060826225350.GA20172 at megan.kiwi-computer.com>
            "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com> writes:
: On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 07:19:06PM -0300, Mario Lobo wrote:
: >
: > My  /usr/ports directory was occuping 24 gigs, of which 20 was just from the
: > 'work' directories !
: >
: > Removing them one by one was a pain so I wrote this little utility to wipe
: > them off.
:
: I find that the following command works just fine for me:
:
: find /usr/ports -type d -name work -prune -print -delete

cd /usr/ports ; rm -rf */*/work

seems to run a little faster for me...  So long as I don't have a huge
number of work directories (fewer than thousands).

Warner