amd64 questions

M. Warner Losh imp at BSDIMP.COM
Mon Aug 28 05:58:20 UTC 2006

For what it is worth, I'm working on patches that would let one build
and install compiler for machine foo, machine_arch bar sufficiently
well that the cross building system of gnu configure (autoconf) can
use them to build many simple things, and a few complicated ones.

This is similar to the -m32, but actually installs an entire
toolchain.  Space inefficient, but seems to work well for me.  I'm
just ironing out the final kinks in it (and updating the base system
to fix a few bugs) before committing it.  Maybe that would be useful?

Warner