PCI express support?

Antony Mawer fbsd-hackers at mawer.org
Mon Aug 21 00:14:19 UTC 2006

On 21/08/2006 3:09 AM, David Gilbert wrote:
> I got a PCI express version of the Intel gigabit adaptor to try.
> Heh.  Comes with a big-ass heatsink on the card.  I found that a bit
> amusing.
>
> But it doesn't probe up.  Is this because PCI Express is not supported
> (1x in this case --- the little slot), or because I need to put in the
> constants for this card?

You might want to try the latest Intel driver from their site, or
alternatively I think the latest driver has been merged to 6.1-STABLE. I
had a Intel Pro/1000 PT, and it was only recognised in -CURRENT. Using
the official Intel driver allowed me to get it running on 6.1. This was
prior to the recent MFC of the newer driver.

-Antony