6-STABLE snapshot (background fsck) lock-up

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Thu Aug 17 12:08:08 UTC 2006

I've seen this several times now, but this time I got a dump.
Basically, the system comes up after unclean shutdown, throws a bunch of
filesystems into the background fsck list, and begins 60 seconds later.
    After some amount of time, the system will lock up, presumably hung
waiting on locks.

Here's some info:
lock type bufwait: EXCL (count 1) by thread 0xffffff0128812980 (pid 804)
lock type getblk: EXCL (count 1) by thread 0xffffff0128812980 (pid
804)Locked vnodes

0xffffff01c5c9f000: tag ufs, type VREG
     usecount 1, writecount 0, refcount 13656 mountedhere 0
     flags (VV_SYSTEM)
     v_object 0xffffff01b09542a0 ref 0 pages 1691637
      lock type snaplk: EXCL (count 1) by thread 0xffffff0128812980 (pid
804)
         ino 4, on dev label/vol4

How can I use kgdb to get more debugging information from this?

Eric