Questions about devices and input.

Intron mag at intron.ac
Mon Aug 14 08:02:39 UTC 2006

Dag-Erling  [iso-8859-1] Smo/rgrav wrote:

> "Intron" <mag at intron.ac> writes:
>> > Unfortunately, no.  The drive may not even have a door.
>> Mr. smo/rgrav loves playing joke very much.
>
> No.  Unlike you, I know what I'm talking about.
>
>> But most of CD/DVD drives have a door, though generally speaking,
>> software cannot detect the open/close status of a door directly.
>
> http://www.plextor.com/english/products/716AL.htm

What I said is "most of". This kind of drive may do harm to your
CD/DVD disc if you fail to operate carefully enough.

>> However, software can command the drive to open/close its door.
>
> This is not what Sean wants.

I want to tell Sean that he is not worth spending time in finding
how to detect the open/close status of a drive door. If his program
can open/close/lock/unlock the door and detect whether recording medium
(CD/DVD) is present in drive or not and whether the drive is locked
or not, that's enough, just as Nero (www.nero.com) can do.