Atomic updates of NFS export lists

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 07:32:47 UTC 2006

Andrey Simonenko wrote:
> [Lots of good stuff]
> Now mountd does not work if there is some error in exports file.
> I think this is correct behaviour and I'm ready to explain this.

Hello Andrey,

I hope these 'errors' in the exports file only mean syntactical errors?
For example, I have a /vol partition mounted on my NFS server, which is
exported via NFS. Now, sometimes /vol is mounted, sometimes it is not
mounted (on the server). This will generate some warnings from mountd,
as it can't export the /vol filesystem, but mountd still works the same.
Once /vol becomes available, I don't even need to restart mountd, it
will simply pick up /vol and make it available.

I hope these semantics will remain? (No sorry, I didn't not test your
patch yet).

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD