BGP & reverse dns

Steve Suhre tech at nano.net
Wed Sep 21 08:52:00 PDT 2005

I have a client who's using BGP on their own network but use our mail
servers. They're having trouble sending mail because the server here
can't resolve the IP address back to their network. And if I run the IP
through DNSStuff.com it returns an infinite loop error. They claim they
aren't having trouble anywhere else though....

I don't want to turn off reverse lookups, is there anyway to get around
this? Or a simple fix on their end? I know nothing about BGP routing...
We're running sendmail, and spammassassin through procmail. The mail
problem started recently when we upgraded sendmail and added
spamassassin, but their DNS/BGP problems have been there for a while....

--

Steve Suhre
tech at nano.net
719.439.6052 Cell