PSM Synaptics Touchpad Options

John Prather john.c.prather at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 22:12:49 PDT 2005

I've read quite a few posts regarding tunable psm settings
to affect values such as PSM_TAP_THRESHOLD,
PSM_TAP_TIMEOUT, etc., which should work with synaptics
support.

I've been unable to get any suggested sysctls or loader.conf
tunables to affect my touchpad on 5.4-RELEASE.

I've found that I can add appropriate lines to sys/conf/options
to allow me to set PSM_TAP_THRESHOLD and similar values
in my kernel config file, finally allowing me to disable the
tap=click effect.

Is there already a better solution which allows changes on
running systems, such as sysctl based settings, or should
I toss a send-pr in with the sys/conf/options patch to allow
setting of these values in kernel config?

-john

psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> flags 0x1000 irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model Synaptics Touchpad, device ID 0

PSM_TAP_THRESHOLD opt_psm.h

options PSM_TAP_THRESHOLD=150