IO schedulers in FBSD...

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Sep 15 06:01:32 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 06:45:27PM +0530, Pranav Peshwe wrote:
> Hello,
>         Which is the I/O scheduler used by FBSD 5.4 ?
> I googled in various ways but could not get an answer.

it is called FCFSUSIIABPIWCTTOIS, which stands for
First Come First Serve Unless Someone Is In A Better Position
In Which Case The Temporal Order Is Subverted

also known as the standard one-way elevator taught in all operating
system courses.

> I do not have access to the source code.

you do, it is at

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/

ready for your perusal.

cheers