[BUGI] Re: Porting from linux to freebsd help needed

n0g0013 ttw at cobbled.net
Tue Sep 13 01:57:59 PDT 2005

On 13.09-10:16, rashmi ns wrote:
[ ... ]
> I wanted to add a psuedo network driver can any one tell me what else needs
> to be done here to provide a simple psuedo interface

not to repeat what david said but look at

	/usr/src/sys/net/if_disc.c

for information.  the code supplied is only enough to handle the
module loading -- nothing to do with network interfaces (except that
they may also be modules).  most of the magic is handled by the
macro definitions and kernel callbacks.

if you're really stuck try posting the full source.

if you are looking to implement a pseudo device you may wish to look
at netgraph -- i have no experience of it but rumour suggests it is
an effective way to stack protocol handlers, drivers and other
network magic.